Creative Adventures Consulting
Privacy, Information Sharing & Security Policy
At Creative Adventures Consulting, we are committed to upholding the highest possible values and ethical principles that respects you as a person and your rights to privacy and confidentiality, as well of those who participate in or sponsor your thesis or dissertation research. This document outlines our policies related to privacy, information sharing, and information security, its limitations, and the steps we take to assure your privacy.
- We do not share personally identifying information with other companies or individuals, unless we have your consent; for instance if you agree to have us contact your thesis or dissertation advisor / chairperson in order to provide stronger support to you through partnering with this person.
- Information about your situation, such as the reason you contacted us, type of support sought, questions you sought help with, or other information you presented, may be used for internal business-related research only.
- If we were to seek information from you for formal research—that which meets the definitions for research intended to create “generalizable” knowledge under the Code of Federal Regulations (45 CFR 46)—consent for such research would be sought separately from any contract or agreement for services.
- In communicating with you electronically (i.e., e-mail), please note the following:
- For 1-on-1 e-mails sent only to you, we have no control over whether or not another person (e.g., spouse) or party (e.g., employer) has access to your e-mail account, and therefore recommend that you provide us with a personal, private e-mail account rather than an account through your employer, or to which another person or third party may have access.
- For e-mails that go out to you and other clients, we will strive to only send out such e-mails using a “blind copy” or group / list e-mail that protects your privacy, and to which even if you hit “reply all,” any response you provide only comes back to us.
- Should you choose to join one of the “open discussion forums” on our secure website, there are inherent limitations to your privacy, confidentiality, and anonymity; you waive your rights to privacy and confidentiality to information you disclose to others as a member of this shared community of practice, though we will not share anything you disclose to others in such a way that it could be linked to you personally.
- Similarly, should you choose to participate in any of our live open conference calls, workshops, or retreats, there are inherent limitations to your privacy, anonymity, and confidentiality, and you waive your rights to these; we will not disclose information you share in any of these forums in such a way that it could be linked to you personally.
- To the extent of our role capabilities, and your project’s design, we will work with you to safeguard the privacy, anonymity, and confidentiality of those who participate in your project (i.e., thesis, dissertation), those who grant permission to access participants or data, and those who sponsor your research.
- In our role as consultants, we will strive to help you understand the nature of privacy, anonymity, and confidentiality as they relate to your project and such things as gaining permission to access participants or data, approaching prospective participants and participant recruitment, informed consent, data collection, data handling / analysis / interpretation, and in report writing based on such things as the Belmont Principles, the Code of Federal Regulations, HIPAA, FERPA, other relevant state, Federal, or International policies, and appropriate professional codes of ethics.
We do not rent or sell your personally identifying information to other companies or individuals, unless we have your consent. We may share such information in any of the following limited circumstances:
- We have your consent.
- We are required by law or have a good faith belief that access, preservation, or disclosure of such information is necessary to protect the rights, property, or safety of Creative Adventures Consulting, its users, or the public.
At Creative Adventures, we take appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure, or destruction of data related to you, your account, and your work.